Saturday, November 26, 2016

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life [The Revival]

Let's face it...most people were watching the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, aka the revival, this weekend on Netflix. After all, it is the best thing to happen this month! (Aside from my birthday).

I have been SUPER excited for this since it was announced that Gilmore Girls was doing a revival. This was one of my favorite shows during high school and college (it ended my sophomore year of college). I was so sad at the original ending because it left viewers with a lot of unanswered questions.


I always loved this show because of the relationship between Lorelei and Rory. It is the kind of relationship I want to have with my future daughters. Plus, the witty humor was always great. These are just a FEW of my favorite moments from the regular series before I get into the revival.




My mantra when people are being REALLY stupid...so pretty much every day. Haha. 



Paris Geller had so many clever lines on this show!


I was never a Lorelai & Max or Lorelai and Christopher fan. #TeamLukeAlways

I agree with ya. 


The ending. I can say...even though it wasn't the original writers, I still cried!



And now for some of my favorite moments from the revival....without spoiling too much for those who haven't watched it yet! [And well let's face it, I am going to include a spoiler so SCROLL PAST IT IF YOU DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED!]

The first episode was called "Winter" (followed by Spring, Summer and Fall) and it was reminiscent of Lorelai smelling snow in an earlier season:


I had to google Lauren Graham's age and I cannot believe she is 49! Holy crap! 


A MOMENT 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING PEOPLE!!!!

OMG I snorted so hard at this part. 


When it comes to all of Rory's boyfriends, I have always been #TeamDean. I wish his part was bigger!




I for one was shocked at Emily Gilmore and her cursing. BUT IT WAS HYSTERICAL! Kelly Bishop is a phenomenal actress.

Thank God they brought Sookie back!



Oh Paris Geller! This also happens to be my favorite moment(that has been made into a meme):

Lorelai goes to "find herself" after reading "Wild" and now she has inspired me to read it. 

Rory  back at Chilton

I always loved their sense of fashion.

I have to say, overall, the revival was great...but definitely needed more than 4 episodes that were 90 minutes each. I feel so cheated and I am left with so many questions that are unanswered. I want to say what the last four words of the series were but I can't spoil it. It has been me BURNING with questions!!!!!! I need another season of this!!!


Anyone else watch it? [Side note: I rewatched the ENTIRE series this summer and now want to rewatch it AGAIN!] Thoughts? 

#TeamLuke
#TeamDean
#StarsHollowHangover









No comments:

Post a Comment