Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pinterest for the win...again!

I had to work Monday and Tuesday last week while most schools ended December 19th for their winter break. So I in a way feel guilty that I have not touched ANYTHING in my school bag since last Tuesday. But I REALLY need to grade my high school class' test and prep for next week. Wah wah.

I am working in the restaurant (my other job) while on break from school. I am nuts, yep. I don't ever give myself a day off. I'll have a nice long weekend with my girlfriends MLK weekend but for now, I need to rake in that $$$. The past few nights have been great so I am happy with what I am making.

I came home and told my mother I would cook dinner. Usually if I am working and she cooks, she calls my cellphone to tell me she made me a plate in the fridge. Since I live at home still (living in NY let alone on Long Island is SUPER expensive!), I figured I could help. I pretty much only stick with chicken. I hate shrimp/seafood/fish and figured chicken would be good enough.

My lovely friend Pinterest helped me out. I ended up making Cheesy Ranch Chicken. I preheated the oven at 350 and let it sit while I prepped. I dipped the chicken breasts in Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (you can do any ranch dressing but this is what we had and it is my favorite!) and then topped it off with a mixture of shredded cheddar cheesed and shredded Mexican cheese (the recipe calls for Parmesan but I just used what was in the fridge). Baked it in the oven on a greased cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Made some quinoa and green beans. It was quite delicious! I didn't take any pictures but it was a win. My mom loved it so Pinterest for the win, again!!

The last thing I made off of Pinterest before this was Reindeer cupcakes for the faculty luncheon last week. I didn't have time to get the edible googly eyes so I made do with M&Ms. I think they came out cute!


I should probably do grade those tests and do some plans so I am not freaking out come Sunday. Post on Christmas coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment