Friday, August 8, 2014

A refresher or reintroduction...Whatevs you want to call it

I have always been a reader of Natasha's Hello Happiness Blog. I totally envy her style by the way. She did a refresher post on herself for any newbies that were following her blog or just people who might not know some things about her. I thought it would be a good idea to do the same so thanks Natasha for the inspiration!

Name/Occupation/Age/Stats:
Name: Kristin. It is my BIGGEST pet peeve when people spell it KRIS-TEN. To me, there is a difference between KRISTEN and KRISTIN. One refers to a number and one refers to a container. I also loved my name growing up because I was the only Kristin in my graduating class from high school (there were 252 of us!). I'm 5'8" (although apparently I shrank recently) and I am 27...slowly approaching 30 which makes me sad because I am nowhere near where I thought I would be at this age!! HAHA!
Teacher:  I have known since I was in 7th grade that I wanted to be a Spanish teacher. I was probably one of the few people in my circle of friends that did not ever change her major in college (long story short - I had to drop my education concentration the month before graduation because of stupid crap but got my education degree in grad school). I have worked the past two years as a teaching assistant and I am super sad I will not be with my fellow co-teachers this year but it's for a good reason....I was offered a teaching position for 6th grade Spanish/French and 7th grade Spanish! To make up the rest of my schedule as full time I will also be a TA at that school but here's to finally getting my foot in the door. I have my new teacher orientation on August 28th and let's just say I feel so overwhelmed with what I have to do this year but ready for the challenge!
Family Info: I am the youngest of five kids and have four older brothers. Yep, I was spoiled rotten. My oldest brother Scott is handicapped and my mom raised us all on her own because my dad died before I was born. She is one of the strongest women I know. My brother Mark is a 5th grade teacher and his wife Laurie is a high school English teacher. My brother Eric does stuff with basketball and my brother Brian is an account executive for a PR firm and we also work together at CPK. (Gotta pay off those loans somehow!)


I am also the proud aunt to three munchkins, Sara Elizabeth, Steven Louis and Emma Grace!




Favorite hobbies: Blogging, reading, traveling, the beach (I grew up by the water), spending time with my friends and my family, wine drinking (hello I need a summer trip to the vineyards stat!), learning a new language (trying to learn Italian)

Five things I can't live without:
1 - Coffee....I had the brilliant idea that I should give it up for Lent this past year. Yeah, that lasted for about 5 minutes. I am SUPER cranky without my cup of coffee (or six cups) in a day.
2 - My family...as often as they can drive me nuts, they are very supportive.
3 - Friends...cliche maybe but there's nothing like a good vent session at 10pm with your coworker who is in Aruba with her family and will listen to you no matter what. I have some of the most wonderful friends! <3
4 - My iPhone. It's like glued to my hand.
5 - My Erin Condren planner...HELLO organization! I just got notification that my lesson planner shipped yesterday so I am super excited.

Favorite Family Fun Activities:
Since my brothers and I are all older, we do not take many, if any, family vacations. Everyone's schedules just don't coordinate. I went to Disney with my brother and his family in August 2011 and would love to go with them again next year! I just like traveling and exploring new places.

Go-to outfit: I have to dress professionally during the school year but my go-to outfit when I am at home after school or before I work at CPK is sweats and a t-shirt. I am a girl of comfort!

Biggest pet peeves: People who ride up your butt in traffic, people who don't know how to tip, dirty clothes on the bathroom floor. no creamer for my coffee (I can't drink milk in it)

Typical day: When it's a school day, it's wake up to my multiple alarms (I set about 6 on my iPhone and my regular alarm clock). I do that to give myself time to lounge in bed before I really have to get up. I shower at night so I have more time to sleep in the morning. I get dressed, go let my Lily (my dog) outside, make lunch, make my coffee and go to school. After school it's usually walking Lily and playing with her before I go to work at the restaurant. When I come home, I shower, eat dinner and go to bed. Fun stuff!

Favorite Go-To Beauty Products:
I am the type of girl that likes to be a minimalist when it comes to makeup but still have a ton of it! Ha! I like my Naked pallettes, Neutrogena eyeliner and neutrogena pressed powder.




Favorite Music/Bands/Singers: Luke Bryan (I am so excited I get to see him in concert on September 12th!!!). Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, Goo Goo Dolls, Britney Spears...it's pretty mixed.

My top 10 movies: Now & Then, Bridesmaids, The Good Girl, The Notebook, Forrest Gump, The Blind Side, Mean Girls, Bad Teacher, Frozen, Father of the Bride

Favorite food to make: Chicken veggie stuffing casserole, tacos, shredded buffalo chicken....I am slowly learning to cook so I am always looking for interesting new easy recipes!

Top 10 reads: Oh boy. Anything by Jodi Picoult or Emily Giffin. I am also currently reading "Is Heaven for Real?"

Other Q&A:
What you wanted to be when growing up: First a ballerina. Then a pediatrician (my 6th grade guidance counselor told me I was too stupid to be one). Then a teacher
Beauty secret:  Moisturizer!
Celebrity Crush: Channing Tatum!
Secret talent: I can wrap my right leg around my neck...all those years of dance paid off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment