Thursday, February 6, 2014

{Makeup Must haves!}


Day 6 of Bailey's #BlogEverydayInFebruary Challenge! I am quite proud of myself for keeping up with it this far. Now if I can only get myself to comment more on the other blogs. Small steps, people.

Today's prompt is all about makeup must haves. I am probably one of the farthest things from being a girly girl. I have had to wear makeup forever because I did dance for 13 years. They always told us the lights would wash us out on stage if we didn't wear makeup. But they always encouraged us not to wear makeup so we'd look like a clown.

I began to experiment more with makeup sophomore year or junior year of high school. I have to admit, it took me FOREVER to figure out how to do my eye liner. To this day, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put eye liner on the bottom. If I try, I end up looking like a raccoon.

With makeup, it has become trial and error. I have always resorted to buying makeup from the drug store because it was cheap, I had coupons for it, and I never really wanted to spend $22 on a tube of mascara.

So what do I consider must haves in my beauty regime? 

Neutrogena Health Skin Liquid Makeup - I put this one kind of as my foundation. I use it to cover blemishes, the dark circles under my eyes, etc. I like that it has an SPF in it and it generally does not make my skin break out.


After I put on the liquid makeup, I use  this over it. Its suppose to be skin clearing which I like and I feel like after I use it, it blends everything on my face really well.


It seems all my makeup is Neutrogena, ha ha. I like it because it doesn't irritate my skin. This is the mascara I am currently using. It doesn't clump on my lashes and stays on. However, I feel like after awhile ALL my mascara (I have used Neutrogena, Cover Girl, Almay, Maybeline) clumps up. Anyone got any tips on how to stop that?


This seems to be the ONLY eye liner I can use. It goes on SO easily for me and I love it. I am kind of scared to try liquid!



After Christmas. most of the blogs I read were RAVING about the Naked 3 Palette. I decided to splurge and treat myself to it. I loved the primer samples that came with it because they REALLY keep the shadow on. I can put this one at 5:30am when getting ready for school and work all day at school plus a shift at the restaurant and it still looks good! I was so convinced I bought the Naked 2 and the Naked palettes. I have been brought over to the dark side.


So essentially, I am a drug store (or Target... I find my stuff to be cheaper at Target!) makeup kind of girl...minus the Naked Palettes. However, I am open to suggestions.

What's your favorite brand of mascara?
What's your favorite brand of lipstick or lipgloss? (I wear neither)
Is there something else I should try?

Link up with the sweet Bailey Jean today! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Naked palette! I have the 1st one, but I have yet to get 2 or 3. Sounds like I need to get those as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skip eyeliner the majority of the time but I swear by that pencil liner too! I've been on the fence about trying that foundation so I'm glad you mentioned it and seem to have had good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete