Wednesday, February 5, 2014

{Day Five: Recommendations}



Today I am enjoying snow day #2 this week. I utterly wish they didn't wait until 5:45am to make the call that we were closed but whatever. Today's prompt for the link up is book/movie recommendations.

When I was younger, I LOVED to read. My local library does a summer reading program where you would do reports to one of the staff members for every 10 books you read. They kept track of it and then at the end of the summer, there was a party. One summer I read 252 books! In fourth grade, my teacher had a bulletin board called "Read your way across the USA." I was the first person to read the 50 books in class. Let's just say I was super nerdy when I was younger.

Once they started requiring us to do required summer reading the summer after 5th grade going into 6th, I  lost my zest for reading. It just became a task and I found no joy in it. I honestly rediscovered my love for reading when I was in college. Since then, I bought a Kindle but I still enjoy the old fashion reading with an actual book.

So, what are my recommendations for you? One of my favorite authors is Jodi Picoult. I discovered her when I was coming back from Spain 6 years ago during my layover in the Madrid airport. I had to use all my Euros and I found her book "Nineteen Minutes." I figured I would buy it for the 8.5 hour plane ride home. I finished it within 2 days. So well written. I hadn't gone through a book that quickly in forever.

From there one, I read more of her books. Jodi Picoult has easily become my favorite writer! Emily Giffin is also high on my list! So, I recommend you read any of these books:







This makes me want to go read the Nicholas Sparks book I have on my nightstand!

Link up with Bailey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment