Saturday, January 4, 2014

A smidge of this, a smidge of that

I am probably one of the most technologically challenged people EVER sometimes. I have mastered the art of using my iPhone 5s and honestly love having a smart phone. I have wanted an iPad for awhile now and took it upon myself to splurge this week by getting the iPad mini. I have spent the majority of my afternoon trying to get it to connect to the Wi-Fi in my house. NOTHING IS WORKING!!! I am super frustrated. This does not make sense to me since my mom has her iPad in the house as does my brother Eric and they both can use them!!

I am tempted to turn the router off downstairs tomorrow morning and wait a few minutes before turning it back on. From what I have googled, that can seem to help it. Otherwise, I am going to be either bugging my friend Mike that works for Apple or going to the Apple store (shouldn't make a difference since I bought it at Target.) I checked that my "preferred networks" on my laptop and it says that my house's wi-fi has a WPA2 Personal password and that is not an option on the iPad. Again, frustrated! My options are WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Enterprise and WPA2 Enterprise. I am not even sure what the last two are. I need to find my mom's iPad and play around with it. There HAS  to be a way for me to connect. Otherwise this is going to be a GIANT issue and I am going to be one, mad girl. If you have any suggestions, have at it!! I am open to trying everything.

Next week, I am taking a day from school because I have an interview. I had applied for it on a whim because I thought "Yeah, they'll never call me". Only because I have applied for 30 something jobs before on that site and never got a call. Low and behold, they did. It is for a leave replacement in a neighboring district, but for what levels, I have no idea. I am almost petrified of it because I am not sure what my answer is to "What is your best common core lesson?" because it's really hard to say that in Spanish! At least I have the rest of the day as a "personal" day (I would like to only take a half day but my interview is at 9:45, a half day would be 10:20 and why go to school when I will be going home 4 hours later.)

I am currently working on a list of 101 things I hope to accomplish within 1001 days and to tell you the truth, IT IS DIFFICULT!! Some bloggers have broken it up into categories but I think that would make it even more difficult for me. Hopefully I will be sharing my list with you soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to take a whole sick day next week for an appointment that's at 11. Our half days end/begin at 12. I feel your frustration!

    Good luck on the interview!

    ReplyDelete