Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here's to you, 2014!

In a mere few hours as the ball drops in Times Square to ring in 2014 (and my friend Mike freezes his butt off as his first assignment doing crowd control there for the NYPD), it's a new year. A fresh start for everyone.

Looking back on 2013 as I did in my last post, I had a lot of fun and lots of positives. I went through tough interviews for a full time position and was one of 5 finalists considered (they cut it to 2 after the site based committee interview).  I definitely learned how to prepare myself for interviews, how I could answer questions differently and why I really became a teacher.

I spent the last year (well really 14 months) single and just enjoyed myself. I was in a relationship and in the end, I was miserable. You should never "dread" hanging out with your boyfriend (our differences REALLY showed during the last few months we were together). I have seen people get married, TONS of people get engaged recently. As green with envy as I may be, I am quite happy for them. I am a firm believer in that good things happen to those who least expect it. Now is not the right time for me to be engaged or married, according to God's plan. I hope to find that special someone soon that sweeps me off my feet, makes me laugh (until I snort really hard), cheers me up when I am sad and is just a ball of fun.

2014 is wide open with possibilities! I don't really like making "resolutions" because I never usually stick with them (IE: go to the gym....last time I went was AUGUST!). So these are just things I hope to change (well, I guess they are resolutions):

1. Pay off more of my student loans (mailed out one of my check's last week for my LAST SUNY loan and that was SUCH a good feeling!!)
2. Save more, spend less. (That whole shopping habit is gonna be a problem.....)
3. Find a full-time teaching job (keeping my options as in moving out of NY open)
4. Work out more
5. Run the Color Run in July
6. Cook more (I really detest cooking!)
7. Be happy with everything and everyone in my life.


Here's to you, 2014! The road is wide open and I am so excited about everything that 2014 holds!!

I am off to go visit my friend Olivia & Marc for the night at their apartment to ring in the New Year! Then working a double tomorrow...NOT FUN!!!  

1 comment:

  1. You have such a great attitude! :) I'm looking forward to following along in 2014! I hope your day of work goes quickly tomorrow! Have a fun night! :)

    Breanna
    www.countingblessings-blog.com

    ReplyDelete