Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! Today as we all gather around the table with family and friends to devour all that delicious food, let's not forget to take a moment and remember what we're all thankful for.

I'm thankful for my family. Yes, we all may be crazy in our own right and we may bicker over senseless things. But in the end, we are there for each other and I wouldn't trade them for anyone in the world. My mother is the one that is always there to listen and offer advice. My sister-in-law is my sense of comic relief and my poor future boyfriends/spouse...my brothers will grill you to make sure you're the right person for me!

I'm thankful for three little people named Sara Elizabeth, Steven Louis, and Emma Grace. Seriously, they are my three favorite people (despite the moments when Steven whines and runs away from me). I will never forget the day I woke up as a senior in high school and found out my sister-in-law was off to the hospital to have Sara. Sara's first Christmas will always be my favorite because that is when I got asked to be her godmother. The bond I have with this child is incredible and I love all three of them SO much.


I'm thankful for my jobs. Rarely do you often find a job, let alone two, where you click with most people. I am grateful for the school I work in. I get along with all of the teachers I work with and I have a pretty awesome boss. I will be sad the day I leave there once I have found my own classroom but honestly, there is nothing more rewarding then having students write you thank you notes, wave at you in the hallway or come up to you because they trust you. I also am thankful for my coworkers at the restaurant because they make shifts pleasant when you have nasty customers.

I'm thankful for basic things, like my education, clothes, food and the house I live in. Some people are less fortunate. Walking past the Giving Tree for needy families in the community at school reminds me of how grateful I am for what I have. I picked a tag off for a 5 year old girl who wants Princess Toys and I cannot WAIT to go shopping for her next week! I may grab another one or two next week.

I'm thankful for this little furry creature. She may bark at all hours of the night, at the most random things (like the mixer & vacuum) and may like to bite (which we are trying to change) but she has made my heart happy ever since I lost my precious Shadow.


I'm also thankful for coffee because without it, working a double tomorrow on Black Friday might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment