Sunday, September 29, 2013

{Sunday Social}


Happy last Sunday of September! Seriously, where is 2013 going?

This week's questions are all about jobs!


1. What is your dream job?
My dream job is to be a PRINCESS! Haha no, just kidding. My dream job would be to become a chairperson of the foreign language department in the school district where I work one day. I am in a stepping stone to that now by being a Spanish teacher, which is my other dream job. :)

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Well, after paying off all my student loan debt, I would go travel! I would love to go to a bunch of countries in Europe (France, Italy, Greece, Spain again, etc) and also places that are tropical. 

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
My degree is in Adolescence Education 7-12 Spanish with a Middle Childhood Extension grades 5-6 so I work with kids all day at school! I would have to say, you have to love kids/working with kids in order to be a teacher. Your heart has to be in it! If you're just there because you have summers off, that's so wrong. As much as the kids can drive you crazy, they're yours for a year and it's rewarding to see them grow as learners & individuals. 

4. What would be your ideal "just for fun" job?
Working at Disney World! Come on, it's the happiest place on Earth!

5. What was your first "real" job?
Using my degree? Probably what I am doing now, being the TA in the Spanish & French classes at the school where I work as I search for a perfect teaching job. Before that, I worked at Rite Aid at the end of high school, was a work study student in the Elementary Education Advising office all throughout college, waitress out in the Hamptons and now I work at CPK. I was also a camp counselor one summer.


Link up with Ashley & Neely today!  

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I would love to work at Disney World! Though, I feel like after a month working there I may not associate it as the happiest place on earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to work at Disney World too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy to be a new follower! I actually know several people who have worked at Disney Land and Disney World...I think that would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete