Thursday, September 5, 2013

{Blogtember Challenge - Days 1 &2)

So I saw a few of my fellow bloggers/the blogs I follow participating in this challenge for blogging this month. I thought this was something different I wanted to try because I really liked the topics for each day! So, I am a little late getting in on the bandwagon on this so I will be combining Tuesday & Wednesday's posts today and then today's & tomorrow's together. Then I should be good!


Day 1: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make you who you are.

Wow. What a loaded question/statement!

I was born on November 18, 1986. I was the 5th baby and finally, my mom's first girl! I was also a welcomed surprise because my father unfortunately died before I was born and even before my mother knew she was expecting me. Many people told her she should not have had me because she was going to be a single mother and she already had her hands full with my handicapped brother. My mom is a strong-willed lady and she refused to listen to them. And she chose to name me Kristin Elizabeth, because Kristin was the name my dad always wanted for a little girl. Thank god she did not name me MaryLou like she wanted me to. I loved my name growing up because I was the only Kristin in my graduating class!



 You can see my obsession with Disney started young!


I grew up in a relatively small town. We had three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. My graduating class was about 250+, small compared to some other districts near us! I grew up in Sayville, which was dubbed as "America's friendliest town." My friends and I growing up always joked it should be called "The town that know's everyone else's business." I liked living in a small town and my small circle of friends. I didn't run with the "popular" crowd in high school but my circle of friends and I had a lot of fun. Plus, I loved my teachers in school. The district I went to is known to be one of the best districts and the effort the teachers put in is truly seen. My middle school foreign language teacher, Mrs.Reith, is the reason I became a teacher. Without her and the influence from all my other teachers, I wouldn't be where I am today.

My family, no matter how much we fight, is always there for each other. I have four older brothers and let me just say, if I ever had someone break my heart, they would probably be waiting outside their house ready to rough them up. 

There is no one I probably admire more than my mother. She raised five kids on her own and while times were tough, she did her best to make sure we had the best childhood and memories. She always feels she was dealt a crappy hand in life by having to raise us on her own (not by choice) but she has shown me what it takes to truly be a mother. She is so selfless and always thinks of herself last. I hope one day I can be half as good of a mother as she is to my children in a town like where I grew up.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?

Hands down go back to Europe. I was so scared the first week I was in Spain because it was the first time I had flown out of the country but honestly, I don't regret anything that happened in Spain while I was abroad. I would want to go visit more countries....Italy, France, Greece.
Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy




Isle of Crete, Greece...now that's breathtaking! 




Link up here

No comments:

Post a Comment