Tuesday, September 17, 2013

{A memory you'd love to relive}



Another day of blogtember! A memory you'd love to relive.


Hands down, studying abroad is definitely a memory I would love to relive. I majored in Spanish in college and I always knew I was going to study abroad from the time I was in 8th grade. I bet many of my 8th graders right now don't know what they want to do when they get to college but I did when I was there age. I just wasn't sure if it was going to be a summer program, a semester program, or a year program.

I originally wanted to just go for a summer and apparently the summer program was 6 weeks. After much talking to one of my college professors for three classes and my advisor at the time, I decided to go for an entire semester. I decided to go to Seville, Spain which is in the southern region of Spain. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! 


Regardless of coming home almost dirt broke and traveling 18 hours to get back to NY, and the entire week I cried myself to sleep because I was homesick, I don't regret a single thing. I got over the homesickness eventually once I settled into a routine but it was scary at first because it was the first time I went abroad and even though I was with girls I knew from school (and eventually friends with the rest of my program mates). I went from January-the middle of May 2008 (my spring semester my junior year of college).

There were experiences I will never forget. Like being able to go to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam. Or eating pancakes the size of my head in Amsterdam.




Anne Frank House
 

 At the I am amsterdam sign

Or seeing the changing of the guards in London when my mom came to visit me and we went there.


Or going to the beautiful country of Ireland, where some of my ancestors are from, and exploring the city.


I loved exploring Marbella in the end of January. I was swimming in a pool while everyone was at home in snow!


Exploring the beautiful city of Cadiz on one of our group trips!


Me, Allie, Jessie, Jessie G, Sam, Milena, Stacy

Our entire group!

I also loved exploring Barcelona
Gaudi Museum

outside La Sagrada Familia


I would go back to this experience in a heartbeat. I don't regret a cent I earned. I still have my wine bottle with the cathedral in Sevilla etched on it on my bookcase. This city and experience always will hold a special place in my heart. I would relive it and go on more trips!! I want to explore more cities in Spain and go to France & Italy. I will get back to Europe some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment