Saturday, July 13, 2013

Run like Channing Tatum is at the finish line

Life/school/work got so hectic this past semester/few months that going to the gym literally was probably the last thing on my mind. I would be gone from my house some days from 6:30am-9/9:30pm. It was a darn good thing I didn't have to do lesson plans as a TA because I would've been so tired!

I definitely decided that I wanted to lose some weight and trim my figure. I know a lot of it has to do with eating better and working out. So after work yesterday, I changed and went to the gym...good thing I changed at work since they are renovating the gym and they have no locker rooms right now (the things that happen when you don't go for 5 months). Also, party of me went because I was annoyed I was wasting $20 a month. I could've been paying off loans with that $20 (well that is a whole other story for another post about student loans). 

I did the treadmill and the arc trainer for an hour (30 minutes each with a 5 minute cool down on the treadmill). OH....MY.....GOD....my body felt SO sore when I woke up this morning. I knew that was going to happen but holy cow!! And it probably didn't help I worked a serving double all day and it was busy. My legs feel like jello at the moment. I took the day off and played with the puppy instead but think I will do some Jillian Michaels DVD this weekend.

My motivation has just been lacking. I see people on instagram, facebook, blogs writing about their 5K's and such...I WANT TO DO THAT...one day. Gotta start somewhere...so the Couch 2 5K app was installed tonight on my phone. I need some serious motivation though. What music are you listening to lately on your workouts? What's your inspiration? I tend to listen to the same stuff repeatedly so any suggestions, throw them my way.

 Yeah totally wouldn't mind EITHER of these shirts!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment