Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

This year for mother's day, I am not going to be with my mom. She is actually with her job in Disney until Tuesday (lucky her!). 

I am blessed to have my mom as my mother. She has shown unconditional love and strength to each of her five children. She raised all of us on her own after my dad died...and she didn't know she was expecting me when he passed. To raise 5 kids, one of whom is disabled, is challenging for a single parent.

My mother is the type of woman who is so giving, yet can't spend anything on herself. She has a hard time buying stuff for herself and when she does, she ends up returning it. She has taught me the definition of what it means to be selfless. She is a wonderful nurse. My mom taught me my savvy shopping skills and she has a great sense of humor. I must get my snorting when laughing from her.

I am forever thankful to call her my mom & be her daughter. Although at times we have our moments, I wouldn't trade her for anyone in the world. Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mother. I love you lots!






Additionally, my sister-in-law is celebrating Mother's Day. This is her 5th Mother's Day without her mom who passed years ago. She is grateful for my mom. We are grateful & blessed to have her as a member of our family. I have known her for the past 20 years she has been with my brother and I don't think he could have chosen a better wife. She is an amazing mother to my two nieces & nephew. She is the sister I never had but always wanted and I know I can always count on her for anything. Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful sister-in-law, Laurie!! You are so special to our family. <3 


My sister-in-law Laurie & my youngest niece, Emma
 
Sara, Laurie, Emma, and I in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment