Friday, January 25, 2013

Blog funk

I don't know why but lately, I feel like I have been in a blog funk. In a mood. I felt like I did not know what to blog about; not that I feel that I am obligated to blog every day (although I would love to do that!). I think it had to do with a combination of being busy between 2 of my 3 jobs right now and life in general.

Last Friday, I went into the city with my friend Shannon to meet up with our friends Amanda, Sarah (who are roommates) and Jade for dinner. We all went to college together (Amanda is one year younger than us) and it is amazing that almost 4 years after graduation, we have remained friends! At dinner, we actually toasted to "not hating each other!" as Jade said. Hahaha. I can remember being torn about my decision of where to go for school and in the end, I am glad I went where I did. Without a doubt, I am sure no matter where I would have gone I would have made an amazing circle of friends. But the girls I met at NP are truly special! After dinner, Shannon, Amanda and I met up with Amanda's friend from home for a burlesque show. That was definitely something different!! It was an interesting experience.

Sunday was spent with my mom at the outlets. We were both looking for shoes. I normally wear a size 10 in sneakers (yikes, big foot!) but need dress shoes (flats specifically because teaching in heels all day hurts!!). I found a pair of black ones at Bass for pretty cheap. My mom found herself a pair and then I got a bunch of new clothes in Loft for school. I think I am super excited about the Vera Bradley outlet coming there!! I can't wait for it to open!! 

You can all laugh but I finally got all of the Christmas decorations away in the attic. Yes, I know Christmas was a month ago but my siblings are useless when it comes to decorating/un-decorating & putting away. If it wasn't for me, they would never decorate for Christmas. The only thing that I have to do is put the box of paper in the attic but it is a job I am so glad is over!!

I am currently engrossed in "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks. I am SO SO SO excited for the movie to come out next month. How perfect that it is coming out Valentine's Day weekend. Shannon & I have already planned a girls night/date of dinner & drinks when we go see the movie. 

I am so happy that my Erin Condren planner FINALLY came!! I was so late in ordering it (next year I need to order it at the end of November...so that'd actually be this year!)  

And to leave you with a smile on your face, you NEED to watch this video. It's two little Asian baby boys dancing to Gangam Style...funniest video I have seen lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment