Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tidbits

Today, I was able to vote for the second time ever! I remember being so excited to vote my last presidential election 4 years ago. I was a senior in college and voted in the SUB MPR at my college. Once Obama was elected and voted into office, his inaugaration speech was televised and one of my professors cancelled class so we could watch it! 

In order to be able to vote in this election at my regular polling place and for the future, I actually had to change my voter registration status. But I did and was able to vote around 3pm this afternoon after school. Yup, I had school at the school I work at today because of being closed all last week due to Hurricane Sandy. I hope you all voted and made an informed decision! I am incredibly nervous about the results right now!

Last week, I had myself a good cry. For awhile, I have not been happy. I was putting on a front when I should have been honest with myself. I was not happy in the relationship I was in at that time. We had been together for over a year (the one year anniversary was in July) this time around (because we've dated before). The more I thought about it, the more I realized how true I had to be to myself. It was difficult to be honest and admit it. 

Where did things go wrong? Just a few months ago, we went on a cruise together. And things were fine after that over the summer. But for the last 2-3 months, I think that is when things started to unravel. He worked a full time job, I was working 3 jobs trying to earn money to pay my bills and my loans. I felt we were growing apart as people. It felt that our interests were not were they were in the past. We seemed to always do dinner, a movie, or just watch a movie at his place. I was always questioned why I was on my phone (yes, I am an iPhone addict and can't help but text) but I just felt like I had to explain myself all the time. Is that fair? No. It was really hard to "spit it out" but I had to tell him. I love him as a person, but I am not in love anymore. That was one of the hardest things I had to admit. I had to let him go to allow him to be with someone who can give him what he deserves because I can't. Of course he had some hurtful things to say and he has a right to but I feel like I had the right decision for myself.

I am not going to look to jump into a relationship at this point (something he said he hopes I don't do) because I need to take time to myself. That, I feel, is one of the most important things. I am a firm believer that the right man will come along when I least expect it. I can't go searching for him. 

I read so many blogs of so many people my age, or even younger, who are engaged or have what seems like a perfect relationship (even though we all know everyone's relationship has its quirks). And I am truly happy for them. I am a firm believer that I will find a guy who makes me feel like a princess, who shares the same values and beliefs I do. Someone who knows how to brighten my day and just comes up with interesting activities to do on a whim!

So even though the relationship ended, I am blessed because it has helped me grow not only as a partner for someone in the future but as an individual. The right guy is out there for me..I just know it! 

4 comments:

  1. tough choice but good for you! focus on yourself. and i am soooo nervous right now too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for voting! And good for you for doing what you knew in your heart was right, even though it was difficult. The right guy is out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the same thing, that you are more likely to find "someone" or "the one" when you are not looking for them. When you are completely content and happy with yourself, that right person seems to know when to show up. Do what makes yourself happiest for awhile! =)

    Ugh and I am so stressed/nervous too about this election!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No relationship is perfect. Everyone can attest to that and marriage is work.
    You'll find someone who is perfect for YOU :)

    ReplyDelete