Monday, October 29, 2012

Blog Award Loving!

I often wonder how many people actually read my blog and wonder "This girl is just crazy." or something along that line. I have found it to be a therapeutic outlet, so I will continue to do it! That being said, I was honored when Whitney from Blessed Southern Tarheel nominated me for a Liebster Loving Blog Award!

The Liebster Blog Award is to say "You're doing a great job!" It is meant for blogs with 200 followers or less and to encourage small blogs to get more readers/followers! I love connecting with people in different walks of life on different things in diffferent parts of the country.

When you receive the award, post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you! You pass on the award to 11 other blogs (make sure you inform them that you nominated them) and ask them 11 questions. You cannot nominate the blog that nominated you. Save the picture (above) and upload it to your blog! 

Let's do this!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I never dyed my hair until I was in college. I had grown it out junior & senior year of high school to donate it to Locks of Love and then once I chopped it off, I dyed it.
2. I broke my foot in 9th grade by tripping over a rock. Yes, a rock. 
3. I had a 9cm tumor removed from my left breast in December 2010. Honestly, I never felt it in me but it was 100% benign. PTL! 
4. I probably eat chicken 2-3 times a week. Pretty much, sooner or later I may cluck like a chicken. HAHA...Kidding.
5. I lived in Spain for four months. I have traveled to Spain, England, Ireland, Amsterdam, The Bahamas, Grand Turk. 
6. I like to eat my M&Ms in colored groups. Like all the blues together, all the reds together, etc. 
7. I've met Teresa Guidice, my favorite housewive from the Real Housewives series! Here's proof:

8. I didn't get my license until the summer after my freshmen year in college.
9. I only eat three vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans). 
10. I danced from kindergarten through high school and did every form of dance with the exception of pointe. I truly miss it!!
 11. I can wrap my legs around my neck and roll around like a pretzel. It is kinda freaky!!

 Here are the 11 questions from my nominator, Whitney, :
1. What was your childhood nickname? What is your current nickname?
My childhood nicknames varied. I had more than one. I was Krissy (my grandma's name for me), Maggie (my mom's...why, I have no idea), and Christmas Tree from my soccer coach. My current nickname is Krissypants (by Stephanie) and Apples.

2. Do you have any strange phobias?
I am pretty tall and yet I am afraid of heights. I think thats the really only strange phobia. Oh, and clowns.

3. What do you do for fun in your spare time?
I try to work out but this month, I completely slacked on that! I love to spend time with my friends and also make memories with my nieces & nephew.

4. What would you do if you had a million dollars? 
First, pay off all my student loan debt and any remaining debt my mom has and then go on a luxurious vacation! And invest some. Plus buy myself a Mercedes. A girl can dream!

5. Do you save old greeting cards and letters or do you throw them away?
Definitely save them! I have them in a memory keepsake box in my closet.

6. What are the three top qualities that draw you to someone new?
Their sense of humor (if you can't laugh about the stupid little things in life, then why can't you enjoy life?!), honesty, and compassion. I love a guy who is thoughtful and respectful to his mother (it shows how he will treat his future wife!) yet also can play with kids.

7. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Oh this is a tough one!! Probably potato chips.

8. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
I would say how sensitive I am. I can almost cry very easily at anything and sometimes it frustrates me how emotional of a person I am!

9. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No, because how do you know that that is the person truly for you? You could think it is and in the end, it doesn't work out. I believe in lust at first sight.

10. Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, as what? If not, what is your favorite Halloween costume from the past?
I am not dressing up for Halloween. For some reason, this year I am just not into it! One of my favorite costumes from the past was my Girls Gone Wild outfit that I did with my BFF Stephy for a college party. Or my Britney Spears "Baby One More Time" costume.

11. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I would have to say that my favorite part about blogging is meeting new people in different parts of the country, being able to "connect" on different aspects of life and being able to form friendships. Blogging has such a strong sense of community it is amazing how it brings people together!


And now, for the fun part...my nominees for this lovely award are:

Katie @ Camo-Colored Chaos 
Kelsey @ Miss Blondie
The Cavallaro's
Tyler @ Arkansassy
Amanda @ All You Need is Love
Katy @ All It Takes is Faith & Trust & A Little Pixie Dust
Jess @ All-American Jess
Melanie @ Career Desire to Bottles & Diapers
Kristyn @ Carolina Fireflies
Tamara @ Everything Happens for a Reason
Madison Claire @ Ms.Madison Claire

My questions for you are:
1. If your life was being made into a movie, who would you want to play you and why?
2. What is your favorite Holiday and tradition?
3. What is your most embarrassing memory/story? 
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. If money was no concern, where is your most desired place of travel? 
6. What inspired you to pursue the field you currently work in/will work in once you are done with school?
7. What three things would you take with you to a desert island?
8. What qualities do you look for in your significant other/spouse?
9. If you could pick three celebrities to be BFFs with, who would they be and why?
10. Are you an organ donor?
11. What is your "signature" drink or drink of choice when you go out? 


 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! So excited to participate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love all your facts!! Especially tripping over a rock and breaking your foot (somewhat funny, somewhat not!) I lived abroad too and want to go back SOOOOOOO badly!!! Thanks for the nomination girly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you danced too?! so cool! and i totally eat my m&ms the same way! glad i'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete