Monday, September 3, 2012

Little things...

In the years since I have graduated college, I have gotten into reading more for pleasure. Ever since the summer after 5th grade going into 6th grade, we had required reading EVERY summer. Along with it was an assignment. What a drag. It made me hate reading but since then, I have fell back in love with it. I have read a lot of books this summer...still need to finish the Hunger Games series. I bought "Off Balance" by Dominique Moceanu who was a member of the 1996 Olympic Gymnastics team that won the first gold for the USA women's team ever. When I finished, I had tears because it was that good. You never realize how different/dark of a world it was until she unveiled it. I tweeted about it and she retweeted me! I got so excited I took a pic on my phone. 


Today was a rather slow day at work but the GM says tomorrow is suppose to be a busy day. Maybe it will be since it's Labor Day, the mall will probably have sales, etc. I hope it is busy to make money!! I had to listen to one server complain no joke for FOUR hours. Oh my word she complained about EVERYTHING! I was never so happy when my manager told me I could go home and I didnt have to listen to it anymore.

I have a desire to go to Victoria's Secret tomorrow on my break. They're having a panty raid, 7/$26 and I have a $10 off coupon...that's a steal if I go!!!

I need to get back into the groove of going to the gym. Seriously, I can do it. I have the time this week on Tuesday and Wednesday and Sunday so it's my goal. I think a few mornings I may try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I just think the scale is lying somewhat (ha!). Except maybe my pants are just too big! I'll eventually figure it out.

I can't believe these three peas go back to school on Tuesday! Sara's going into 2nd grade, Steven is going into 1st and Emma starts preschool! 


I am also looking forward to having breakfast tomorrow with Amanda and April, who I haven't seen in a few weeks. I of course wish I didn't have to go work a double afterwards but hey, such is life! 

1 comment:

  1. That is seriously SO COOL that she did that!!!! I remember that you loved gymnastics so much :)
    Those kiddos got big so quick..gosh! I remember whent hey were just born :)

    ReplyDelete