Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday's Musings

How on Earth is it Monday already?! I swear, I feel like the weekends fly by and the rest of the week is spent slowly going by.

I spent about half my weekend at work...like any other norm! On Friday, I went to work and it was somewhat busy which is nice (the week nights this summer have been busier than the weekends compared to last year). Saturday, I was stuck there ALL DAY...well, until about 8pm. It was pretty uneventful and we played the map game...as in we went from an 8 map inside, to a 6 map inside with 2 outside, to a 4 map inside with 1 outside to a 3 map inside with 1 outside. Oh it was LOADS of fun! And drama involving the mall security was the icing on a dramatic shift! Ha ha....honestly, it provided entertainment for us.

The fact that I came home at 8:30pm on Saturday to an empty house was WONDERFUL! I honestly like to go out every now and then and do things but when you're go-go-go, after awhile it starts to catch up to you. My mom was across the street at a neighbor's graduation party and I came home, put on PJs and just vegged out! It was wonderful. I don't get why my boyfriend doesn't understand that girls need nights to themselves sometimes. He always has to have a plan and that tends to drive me nuts at times. I like nights by myself often! :)

Sunday was lovely because I had off from work! Not requested, just given. I love when that randomly happens. John and I decided to go to the beach. I can't go to the beach when it is over 100 degrees out because even the water doesn't feel refreshing! We went to Jones Beach (one of the many beaches on Long Island!) and it was my first time going. Actually, that's a lie...I was there for fireworks on July 4th the summer after my freshmen year of college but it was at night. I almost never want to go again because the roundabouts/parking confuses me! Ha! But it was really nice. What was not really nice was all the sand I got in my bikini and getting pulled down by three waves in a row. And my top riding up....yeah, NOT fun.

After the beach, we went out to dinner and then got online for The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX. I would see ANY movie in IMAX over 3D. I hate 3D movies....unless they are Disney. My mom was very leery of me going to see The Dark Knight Rises because of the shooting that happened in Colorado so I didn't tell her I saw it until I came home. Although, I won't lie...from time to time during the movie, my eyes darted around the theater to make sure no crazy person was coming in. It was a long movie, three hours(!), but SO AMAZING!! I am really glad we saw it in IMAX. Also, Joseph Gordon Levitt totally blew me away with his performance in it and now made it into my top 5 male celebrities crush list.


Tomorrow night, Shannon, Olivia and I will finally be seeing Magic Mike together. SO EXCITED!! Someone asked me to cover their shift for them at work because they forgot they had Mets tickets but I have made these plans and am not postponing them again. I always tend to feel guilty after I say no but it is not my fault that you forgot to take off of work. Oops.

I am also beginning to have a love/hate relationship with Cablevision. Ever since they made you get a cable box for every TV in your house back in February, I feel like we have had nothing but problems. At the end of June, we had them come rewire the house because the signal was weak and NONE of the boxes would work that we picked up (only mine and the one in the family room worked). Now the remote broke for the TV downstairs. My mom thought it was the batteries so I put new ones in but they still wouldn't work. I took the batteries that were in it and put them in my remote...those batteries worked just fine. Looks like I'll be going to their store today to get a new remote. While I am at it, I really should just go to Wal-Mart and get that ZZquil thing or whatever it is called because no matter what I do, I can't fall asleep until 1am. This is starting to get real old!

Plus, I want to go to the gym but I feel like my body is not cooperating with me. Why can't I be one of those people who LOVES LOVES LOVES running? I am considering downloading the Couch to 5K app for my phone. The idea of going to the gym today is stressing me out that I'd rather just go tomorrow when I don't have ANYTHING to do all day but get my nails done and apply for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment