Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bloggers 4-1-1



Becky over at From Mrs to Mama has this link up and I thought it was a great idea!

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging in December 2010. I had surgery and had to stay home from work for a week and wasn't allowed to do much lifting. I did a lot of sleeping in bed and I stumbled upon some blogs. I found numerous ones on adoption and it reaffirmed my desire to adopt years down the road. I figured if others could blog about their daily lives, why couldn't I?!
 
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

Yes, I did go to college. I went to SUNY New Paltz. In New York, SUNY = State University of New York. It's a state school. I remember applying for schools vividly and I applied to 7 schools (got into 6 of the 7). I just had a feeling when walking on New Paltz's campus that I was meant to go there. I originally went in with my major to be Adolescence Education with a Spanish concentration & French minor. Long story short, I had to drop my Education major (did everything but student teaching). 


 
3. Where have you traveled?
I've traveled to Spain (studied abroad here my junior year of college), Ireland, Amsterdam and London. Recently, I went on a cruise with my boyfriend and we visited Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau, Bahamas. I love to travel so I wouldn't mind going back to Europe!


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
After paying off all my student loans, I would probably buy myself a house.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
This one is really hard but I'd have to say:
1. People who drive UP YOUR BUTT in traffic. This makes me so mad.
2. Terrible customer service
3. People who can't flush the toilet in a public restroom

6. What is your favorite movie?
This is a really hard choice. Any of my friends would probably tell you a movie with Jennifer Aniston because she is my favorite actress. I'd have to say, The Good Girl. 
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Oh goodness. I think I have a choice for each...I like wine in moderation. I really have to be in the mood for it. But my favorite beer is BLL (yeah Becky!) and if I have a mixed drink, it should have vodka in it. And oh, I am addicted to this:


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Read a book. Or just lay in bed and watch movies or shows I have on DVD. Which is what I am currently doing. 

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
This is really hard. I'm sure my mother's answer for me would be Victoria's Secret because she assumes that is the only place I'd shop. I'd actually say Kohls because I can pretty much get anything there!  
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

In high school, our hallways were grouped by classes. So it was all the English classes in one hallway, all the language classes in another, etc. When you walked down the language hallway to the doors, it went to the "four corners" (you'd be walking straight to the gym, a left brought you to the cafeteria, and a right to the english hallway). The door was closing and I ran to kick it open and missed, falling on my BUTT. Oh my God I was laughing SO HARD and the principal opened up the door to see what happened. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
Graduation from college with my friends. :)

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I would hope Jennifer Aniston!! She's my dream cast person. Or Reese Witherspoon. 


 
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
My first job was a camp counselor the summer after 10th grade. I called it "ghetto" camp because who sends their kid to camp in a trailer in a parking lot of a park. Yep. Classy. After that, I worked at Rite-Aid until the summer after my freshmen year of college, I worked at a deli, I worked catering for a summer. I also worked as a waitress at a breakfast place out in the Hamptons until September 2010 when I switched over to my current job, CPK. :) And in college, I worked as a work study student in the elementary education advising office...basically clerical work but I loved my boss!

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
High School - 

College -  

Olivia & I
{Freshmen year}

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I'd stay in a hut in Bora Bora. And get my tan on! 

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
 Taken Friday July 6

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?


I really want to have a teaching job (I am on a daily hunt for one!) and start to settle down in a place of my own because in 5 years....I'll be 30. YIKES! I hope to be married by then. I would love to be living in the South (I feel like I am meant to live there). We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. I love how reading adoption blogs inspired you to blog. I love reading those too, I think adoption is amazing. I just met someone who is adopting a sibling set from Ethiopia this week, so excited for her!

    ReplyDelete