Monday, January 30, 2012

Lately..

Lately, I have not been able to fall asleep until almost 2am. I have always been a night owl. Why I chose a career that would cause me to get up early I'll never understand, ha ha! But in college, I actually wrote some of my best papers in the middle of the night. One I particularly remember was my research paper for my Freshmen Comp 2 course on eating disorders. Two weeks before it was due I decided at like 8pm one night, "I'll just write it all tonight." And I got a 100 on it. :)

Needless to say, I was cranky when I woke up this morning. Let's face it, I am not a morning person! I actually fell back asleep for an hour with the TV on and then finally got my butt up to get ready to go to the gym. I would have rather been in bed but it felt good to work out! I did the treadmill, the bike, and some of the machines before I was ready to go home. I think later this week I'll do a post with a list of all the songs I enjoy working out to, slow and up-beat. If you ever have any suggestions, I am always open! :)

Tonight when I logged into my Yahoo email to check it, I saw one of the "trending" topics was the 14lb baby. Yes, you read that right. 14 lbs! Holy cow, I couldn't imagine that! Just take a look. Apparently his mother gave birth 15 months earlier to his brother that weighed 12 lbs. Oy vey. This kid is huge:


Tomorrow night, the boyfriend and I are going to the NJ Devils/NY Rangers game in New Jersey. Thank god he is driving because I get so easily aggravated by people driving (not using their signals, cutting you off) on long periods of time. Plus, he knows where it is! It was a combo birthday/Christmas gift and they are 10th row seats. He looked at the map of the arena and said I picked good seats. I am kind of excited for my first professional NHL game.

There have been lots of "Sh*t People Say" and they made a Long Island version of it. There are actually two, which are very true. One was done by a stand up comedian and the other was done by someone from the local radio station. It's totally true about Long Island!

And I swear, if my 30 yr old brother takes my phone charger from my room one more time or takes the spare I am generously lending him right now (even though he pissed me off earlier) out of the house, I am going to slap him across the face. The kid would loose his butt if it wasn't attached or his head! I gave him a car charger for Christmas, a spare my boyfriend gave me AND the computer charger for my Blackberry...all of which he has either lost or something. His friend has one. I don't get how freaking hard it is to keep your charger in one place. He feels like he has any right to go into my room and just take it. I know it's something childish to whine about but um hello?! I have to freaking charge my phone too, ya pain in the arse. He needs to take $20 and go buy himself a freaking charger. Okay, end rant.

And because if you're like me, you need as many laughs as possible on a Monday. So I'll leave y'all with these:

Totally will dress my kids like this:

HAHAHA, Oh come on we'd all have one of these...

So typical for society these days

And totally true:

No comments:

Post a Comment