Sunday, January 8, 2012

{The Bachelor}

Okay, I have to admit...The Bachelor is one of my guilty pleasures! Sometimes the seasons have some really beautiful ladies and some HOT HUNKS! Out of curiosity, I went on wikipedia and looked up the show...it debuted in March 2002, almost 10 years ago. Wow, that is kind of insane. Many couples have broken up. Hands down, this couple has always been my favorite, Trista & Ryan. They were on the first season of the spin-off "The Bachelorette" and the fact that they are still married with two children says a lot. I mean, how adorable are they?!


Now, let's move on to this season....starring Ben. Ladies, is he a looker? I mean he is cute but kind of a snooze-fest!


I just finished watching the episode with my mom off the DVR and I have to say, they have got an INTERESTING set of bachelorettes this season. I mean, here are some of my thoughts on them:


Kacie B - Hands down my favorite. I love her little Southern accent and she just seems so genuine. I can't wait to see where she goes on this season. I was super excited when she got a rose.


Lindzi C - This chick rode in on a horse! What a way to make a first impression - which it did since Ben gave her the first impression rose. She seems to one of the few normal ones around (Kacie B included) and will probably last awhile.


Jamie - I thought she was pretty sweet. Her background of growing up fast and taking custody of her younger siblings was really touching. I think she has a genuine personality and hope she continues after this first week (and HOLY cow the gown she wore was like "Hello Plunging neckline!)


Emily - Aside from being really pretty, she's really smart! She is studying to be an epidemiologist - aka studying the path of diseases/how they spread. Way to make Ben feel dumb, ha!


Courtney - Aka America's Top Model. I think she is so self-centered. It's like she has a mirror and is constantly saying "Mirror mirror on the wall,who is the prettiest of all? Well me of course!" Also, I just WANT TO PLUCK HER EYEBROWS!! I do not know why they bother me so much. I have a feeling deep down she has a weird personality and her b*tchy side comes out relatively soon. I caved and read spoilers so hopefully she is not one of the final few but if she is, maybe if Ben chooses her they won't last.


Jenna - The blogger. The emotional trainwreck. The "why don't you like me?!" whine. This girl is CRAZY. She was accusing others "Why don't you like me?" and was crying over absolutely NOTHING. I mean, she was worried that other people weren't there for Ben for the right reasons....on the first night? Give me a break! How she got the last rose of the night is beyond me. That girl is going to have a mental/nervous breakdown in every episode. Go check out her blog.


Brittney - The chick that brought her grandma as a way to show Ben that family is important. So, is she going to bring her grandma on her honeymoon when she gets married too? I hope she doesn't last!



Monica - She seemed more into the chicks than Ben! At one point, I thought she was going to make out with Blakely or someone. And then the drama between her and crazy Jenna was quite comical. I am glad she got a rose because I want to see this drama evolve more. Nothing like some trashy drama for a good dose of reality TV!

I really can't wait to see how this season unfolds! Who else is going to be watching with me?! I wonder if any of these ladies will make it as the next "Bachelorette." I say we're due for one of those!


No comments:

Post a Comment