Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful Month: Friends

November is an exciting month! Turkey day! Black Friday shopping (I have never participated but want to one of these years). My birthday and my brother Brian's birthday. It is also a month to take a moment, sit back, and think of how lucky you are and what you're thankful for. Sometimes we are living life in such a fast frenzy we forget to do this from time to time.

Lately, I have been thinking about how thankful I am for the circle of friends I have from both home, school, and grad school. Friends on different levels. Friends for different reasons. But each one of them means the absolute world to me. So I am taking a momentary break from my paper writing at the school library before class to write this:


I am extremely thankful to have such a wonderful circle of friends (all above who I met in college) who have been there for me through thick and thin. I wouldn't trade ANY of you for ANYTHING in the world.

I am thankful that I have a best friend who understands my insanity. Even though we are thousands of miles and states apart, we remain in touch. How we ever went two years without seeing each other is beyond me. I really hope I can follow through on my plan to move closer to you in the South!

I am thankful for the friends at home. I love each of you for your different talents (April-journalism, Jeannette - passion for languages/traveling, Amanda-you're an awesome musician!). So many inside jokes with each of you.

I am thankful for a group of friends who have no issues with acting like we're 5 year olds for a week at Disney. BEST VACATION! You make me feel like I can always be myself when I am around you and for that, you have endless entertainment. :)

I am thankful Allison and I are friends for many reasons. My Vera Bradley obsession rubbed off on you. You were one of the easiest people to live with in college. You drove me to the hospital when you had to be at class at 9am and were so tired the next day but you made me go before I died from what the health center was trying to do to me. I can count on you for anything.


I am thankful Shannon and I are friends because she is one of my best friends from college. She is one of the first people I go to when I need help and we click on so many levels. Who else is going to go to a Britney Spears concert with me?! Or Taylor Swift?! :)

I am thankful Amanda and I have become so close over the past few years. "Remember when you used to hate me?!" (True story, I was scare of her in elementary school). She is my real-life "Oprah" and she often asks me "How would you survive without me?" LOL.

I truly could go on and on with my friends. But sometimes I sit back and think of the people I have become close with lately (because of work or something) and count my lucky stars to realize how blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. Good friends are such a blessing! And I've never been Black Friday shopping either! Maybe this year!

    ReplyDelete