Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Productivity

There is some part of me that would wish I could be a BIT more productive. Let's face it, I love my bed. I have a pretty comfortable mattress and once I'm out for the count, it takes a lot for me to wake up from a dead sleep. Case in point - I did not hear my best friend text me yesterday but I woke up to a phone call. I could've continued sleeping until now (it's 2:13pm as I write this) but I got up early today....in the hopes of cleaning my bedroom.

Um...yeah...that did NOT happen. Haha, I woke up and stayed in bed until 15 minutes before I left for my eye doctor's appointment. I love that between waiting and the actual exam, I'm in and out of my eye doctor's office in a half hour. My prescription has not changed...gee, what a shock. I have the WORST eyes ever and if I am not wearing glasses (or contacts), I am blind as a bat. They stopped making the brand of contacts I wear so now I get to wear Acuvue Oasys. I cannot WAIT to get the contacts so I can wear my sunglasses. Don't get me wrong...I love my purple Coach frames....I just hate not being able to wear sunglasses when the sun is shining in my face.

My friend Amanda moved home from upstate and I couldn't be happier! I saw her last at Christmas and then again Friday. :) We have decided to do a zumba class together. She found one at a karate place and you pay $5 a class. I've never done it before but it should be fun. I have been in the mood to get back into shape and work out. I need some major updates to my iPod in order to get my butt moving to start working out. I know there's the Couch to 5K program and there's an app for it on the iTouch so I think I'm going to look into that. Here's to a new me!

Everyone also keeps asking me what my plan is now that I have graduated. Truth be told, I have no idea if I want to remain in New York to teach. Part of me does not want to because they removed the Regents Exams {state tests given in January and June for various subjects} for foreign language. It almost makes me think "What's the point?" I know I need to apply for jobs but most schools won't take you if you're not completely certified. In New York, there's three tests to take for your teaching certification...Liberal Arts & Sciences Test (LAST), Assessment of Teaching Skills Written (ATS-W) and the Content Speciality Test (CST)...plus two workshops. I have all done but my Spanish CST and I finally registered to take it July 16tth! EEKKK!!! It is in the morning (on a Saturday) and there's a speaking part. So now, until then, I'll be hard-core studying my grammar. I may have to take it twice and if I do, so be it. But here's to hoping I can figure out what I want to do with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment