Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WILW :)





It's that time again for WILW with Jamie!

So what am I loving this week?

#1 - I'm loving that my first observation for student teaching is tomorrow. Okay, well not really 100% super excited because my students are probably going to throw pencils at me if I make them learn how to tell time anymore in Spanish. But I'm excited to see what feedback this supervisor gives me compared to last semester. And I really just want the first one to be OVER. I remember feeling the same way last semester and it was only my part-time. This is FULL TIME TEACHING! EEK! I'm loving how well-behaved the kids are so they are the perfect class for me to get observed in.

#2 - I'm loving that as of Friday at 2:30pm, there isn't school again until Feb 28th!! We have winter break next week. Aside from the fact that I'll be working at night and have class, I dont have to get up at 5:30 in the morning!!

#3- I'm loving I will be getting to spend a night in NYC with my BFF April @ her apartment. She is in the Master's Program @ Columbia for journalism. We both graduate in May so I'm gonna come in for a night. And hopefully again soon.

#4 - Teaching. It's what I'm loving that made me discover it is my calling in life. Example why: Today was I walked into the main office to sign the book for student teachers that I was there, one of my students was at her locker right outside the main office. She sees me and promptly yells "Hi Miss J!!!" as she waves her hand. When I collected the HW in class I assigned the night before, she told me that "Angus ate it." So I asked who Angus was and she said "My dog. My dog ate my homework." I nearly died laughing. She told me she would give it to me tomorrow after he threw it up (this was after I told the kids they could give it to me tomorrow if they wanted credit). It was that part that made me realize I can be a teacher...even if I'm running on a lack of sleep and want to cough up my lungs every .25 seconds because I'm with germy middle schoolers!

#5 -
These people. My friends. They're always there when I need a hug, to vent, a laugh or a good time out! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment