Sunday, January 30, 2011

No Strings Attached


Last night, (well Friday since my Mac says it 1:33am here in NY now) I went on a date with a friend to see No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman. It was a Natalie Portman filled week with Black Swan earlier. I thought this one was HILARIOUS. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher were a hot pair to have star in this. I am definitely going to buy it on DVD when it comes out. If you're in the need of a good laugh, go see it!

There was this quote Ashton Kutcher's character Adam said and I just loved it: "I'm warning you, if you take one step closer, I'm never letting you go." I love it because of the romantic in me. ;)

Something that did repulse me was when we went in, there was a guy checking tickets at the door to the actual theater. Actually, he was checking IDs because there was a group of four or five teenagers (who ended up sitting over from us) that didn't look like they were old enough to see the movie...it's rated R. So he said everyone had to show ID and so when I showed mine, he goes "Thanks Mom".......WHAT ON EARTH?! I am twenty-four NOT forty-four. I looked at my date, who was also confused why the guy would say that (and he knows me well since we went to school together). Oh well.

And today I had to work a double. Well, it was 11:30-4, then 5-8:30 so I ate my lunch/dinner during my break. Buffalo Chicken Pizza all the way! It wasn't busy at first when we opened at 11:30 but it definitely picked up. It was starting to get busy again for dinner around 4 when the other host I was working with came and I went on my break. When I came back at 5, it literally did not stop all night. The servers were looking at us like "WTF is going on?!" and one server, whose section was behind the host stand in the bar area goes "This is never going to end." Some people did leave because we quoted 45 mins and they weren't there but whatever. I get to do it again tomorrow...I'm glad it is not a double tho!

I need to blog about my Disney trip but I may have to do that tomorrow or at some point soon. Now that all my pictures are officially uploaded.

Monday is almost here...student teaching. I feel super awkward already walking up to my cooperating teacher but I will get over it. I'm SO glad we aren't thrown in front of them the first day but I DEFINITELY need to brush up on some things this week. And go shopping for dress pants. I have lost a lot of weight (at least 20-25 lbs) since I left my old job and they're all baggy on me...even with a belt! Oh well. I need to pay some bills and then off to buy new clothes soon. And boots...why is it whenever I find a pair of shoes or boots I like, the store doesn't have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment