Monday, January 31, 2011

First Day...a Bust.

Today was my first day of student teaching. Basically, in the beginning we are suppose to observe for like a week or two and slowly take over. My field supervisor wanted us to allow him to come in this week or next for an observation! That'd be okay but um, I have a major problem...my cooperating teacher was not there today! He knew I was coming in. Apparently he has been out with back problems for at least the last week, maybe two. The kids told me this...not any faculty until later. So the substitute that was there was at least 70+ and didn't speak Spanish. He sent me to a Italian class for the first period (WTF) and then my friend Ashley who is in the same school as me and her cooperating teacher came into the room where I was. I stayed with them the rest of the day. I felt a little awkward but grateful the cooperating teacher let me follow. I mean, what am I suppose to do?!

I emailed my field supervisor so hopefully he can help me. And I'm emailing my cooperating teacher again too. I feel a little awkward calling his cellphone. Hopefully he will be there tomorrow. Otherwise, *nervous breakdown/panic attack* will ensue.

I have to go work 5-9 and I don't wanna. Maybe it won't be busy. Wouldn't that be lovely?! Then off to bed. 5:30am is gonna come again too quickly!

1 comment: